Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blooming Happy

It does not take much for me to be happy or amused. Truly, I am a simple person. Today what is making me smile is the fact that every time I look down at my feet I see the cute li'l flower drawn there by the very talented pedicurist I went to last night. It is a white flower with a green stem and a wee pink rhinestone in the center. And silver glitter accents. I lurve it.

I also lurve that it is warm enough today for me to wear my Clark's sandals so I can catch glimpses of my cute toes throughout the day.

I spent an extra $20.00 last night getting the "Deluxe Mani/Pedi" instead of just the plain "Spa Pedicure" I usually get. I'm totally worth the money and I took it out of the vacation spending cash. There was a salt scrub and hot towels involved over and above the usual treatment, and let's not forget the flower!

Generally, I am cheap and do my own nails, but pedicures are really best done by someone else. And if I space them out far enough it is not a strain on the budget. In fact, I budget them in just like I do my cost for my haircuts. Some things are just not frills to me, and this is one of them.

Plus, I know I'm going to be looking at my feet up in the air, slung over the shoulders of Mr. C a goodly number of times this weekend, so it will be nice to see the li'l flowers smiling back at me when I do manage a moment to notice them.

*wicked grin*


"If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom."
~Audra Foveo

No comments: