Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Staring at Hangnails

There's been lots going on of late, but I haven't felt overly inspired to write about it. I feel that I would be rehashing the same things over and over again, and that would be boring to the few (you happy few!) who read this blog. Yet, I promised regular updates. And thus I am in a catch-22 here.

A couple updates:

-I continue on the quest to do things that make me happy and have bought artwork for my home. I am taking it to get framed tonight. Yay! It is a beautiful print of a woman's face with her hair streaming out to one side entitled "Winter Princess". It shall hang in my bedroom.

-I am forcing myself back to the gym tonight. I feel sluggish and I know its because I've been being a slug. (Ha! Did you see what I did there with the words and the funny?? Heh..*ahem* Yeah. Anyhoo...)

-I have realized that the experiment is pretty much over at this point. Results: inconclusive. All the fun, happy sex was great but the no-connection part was not so great. It did lead me to recognize that there are things I can't really do without in my love life - both physically and emotionally. Because of this, I declare it a success! I'm thinking that I am concluding said experiment now.

-I thought I met a really nice, super-cool person. According to the emptiness of my inbox, maybe I did not. Oh well. Live and learn. But its too bad because he was really kinda nice. *shrug* Also, I might need to relax about it. Which has never been my forte. (Who me? Intense? Naaaah....)

-Substitute "blogs" for diaries in the quote below and you'll have how I'm feeling about writing this at the moment:

"It seems to me that the problem with diaries, and the reason that most of them are so boring, is that every day we vacillate between examining our hangnails and speculating on cosmic order." ~Ann Beattie, Picturing Will, 1989

No comments: